Project Coordinator (Utility Division)
How to apply:
www.rainierasphalt.com/careers (attach a resume in the final field) or click link at bottom of this page
Ron West, Utility Division Manager (West@rainierasphalt.com)
Summary of Responsibilities
Rainier Asphalt & Concrete seeks a qualified applicant for Utility Division Project Assistant at its North Bend, WA location. Experience in the asphalt/concrete or underground utility fields are preferred, but not required. This position is being created not because of a vacancy, but because of rapid growth in our business. The position requires the ability to effectively communicate with both our internal Project Management team, but also our customers. Strong written and verbal skills are imperative, along with the ability to anticipate and troubleshoot problems quickly. The position involves customer service, accounting and clerical functions. More details are below.
Compensation & Benefits
This is an hourly position with compensation ranging from $20-$24/hour depending on experience. We offer comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off and a one-of-a-kind Profit Sharing Incentive Program. This is a full time, 40-hour-week position. Exact schedule can be negotiated, but starting early and ending early is preferred (eg. 6:30am-3:30am).
Our company makes a strong emphasis on utilizing technology to make us more productive. Candidate must be savvy with computers, software, smart phones, etc. and be willing to continually learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must know Microsoft Excel or equivalent (we use Google Spreadsheet), Google Drive and Google Earth products.
- Must be self motivated and punctual.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented and enjoy a requirement for thoroughness.
- Must have a strong desire to learn new skills and be able to learn quickly.
- Enter new jobs when received by the client into our software and cloud repository, review and follow up if there are questions or clarifications
- Prepare project packages and coordinate with Project Management team
- Once jobs are complete, review job packages, including as-builts, materials receipts/invoices and pictures received by the field Foremen and staff
- Send confirmation of completion notifications to clients
- Prepare invoice packages with backup and submit to client
- Act as chief liaison between client and our team to answer questions and provide customer service, communication and support
Our company values guide everything we do, and the candidate must be able to adhere to our company culture. Our values are as follows:
Safety: The first priority every day is that each employee and others we encounter can go home safely. We aim to provide the necessary equipment, training and resources to make this possible.
Integrity: The Golden Rule guides our dealings with customers, employees, vendors and the general public. We value honesty, fairness and accountability.
Drive: Individually and collectively, we have an insatiable appetite for continuous improvement day after day and year after year. No matter how good we are today, we can always be better tomorrow.
Consistency: We are committed to gaining the trust of customers, employees and vendors by adhering to our procedures every day and consistently managing and exceeding expectations.
Quality: The best job is one done efficiently and right the first time. We take pride knowing we go home with a sense of accomplishment and always seek repeat customers and referrals as evidence of a job well done.
People: Our teamwork environment is one where people are treated with dignity and always have the opportunity to be heard. We strive to be a destination for employees by offering a rewarding place to work with opportunities for career advancement.
Rainier Asphalt & Concrete has 70 employees, and performs around 1,500 individual projects totaling approximately $12 million annually.Apply