How is “tar seal” different than “rubberized crack filler?”

Both are intended to prevent moisture penetration, but have slightly different properties. Tar seal is used to treat the seam of a newly installed asphalt patch and is not intended to penetrate vertically down into a crack. Rubberized crack filler is intended to penetrate the crack and adhere to the inner sidewall. Tar seal has a higher viscosity and lower boiling point.