Sales and Marketing Intern Job description
Summary of Responsibilities
The Inside Estimator position is a critical position within Rainier Asphalt & Concrete. All estimators are responsible for evaluating bid specifications, drawings and field data provided by the Business Development Team in order to prepare accurate bid documents which will be utilized to procure new business. We recently divided the sales and estimating roles into two distint job functions at our company. This position is an office job dealing with preparation of prices and bid documents on behalf of the salesperson. It’s not a sales job or a field job.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must know Microsoft Excel or equivalent (we use Google Spreadsheet), Google Drive and Google Earth products.
- Must be self motivated and punctual.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented and enjoy a requirement for thoroughness.
- Must know how to read and interpret construction drawings. In addition, Estimator must then be able
to accurately do takeoffs from these drawings.
- Must have strong computer and communication skills.
- Must have a strong desire to learn new skills and be able to learn quickly.
- Read and Interpret Plans and specifications from sources such as engineers and architects.
- Receives and Interprets “Product Portfolio” from Account Manager. This information may be
emails, photos, digital audio recordings, “YouTube” videos or field measurement forms.
- Calculate square footages and lineal foot measurements off of supplied drawings, Google Earth Pro, or other
- Calculate quantities for Labor and Materials and enter the information into the database.
- Contact suppliers for volume pricing discounts or material pricing as appropriate.
- Estimator Intern prepares pricing spreadsheet, bid proposal, any necessary aerials, photos, etc. with preliminary bid and emails quote to Account Manager.
- Consistently tracks progress of outstanding bids, keeping in contact with Account Managers in
order to ensure quick, professional response to bid requests from the customer.
- Thoroughly checks all critical work thus minimizing mistakes in the bidding process.
- Completes all activities with a “pride of ownership” and “win/win” attitude that builds and enhances relationships with other departments and individuals within the organization.
- Estimator is interested in aligning with an organization that has “No Finish Line.” This entails a commitment to training, growing, evolving, and adhering to company performance goals.