Job Title: Rock Star Asphalt Paving Foreman
How to Apply
Applications are accepted online at https://rainierasphalt.com/careers/ or click the button at the bottom of this page. A resume can be attached in the last field of the application, which is encouraged.
Mark Machinski, General Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Summary of Responsibilities
- Rock star paving foreman to execute overlays, new paving of developments, large R&R patchwork. Project tonnages range from 25 to 2,000 or more.
- Someone with attention to detail regarding grade, proper sub base construction, drainage and mat appearance.
- Someone who is eager to train and coach toward constant improvement.
- Someone who can communicate efficiently with vendors and subs (grinding, trucking, etc.) to execute paving operations.
- Someone who can use good, newer paving equipment (Leeboy) to it’s full capacity.
- Some challenging jobs include tight drainage, logistical challenges with parking truck and equipment, etc.
- Existing crew has great attitude and experience but are still learning technical aptitude to be a rock star crew.
- Minor changes to crew personnel on day-to-day basis.
- Unexpected issues discovered after start of job. (Poor sub base, cars in way, etc.)
- Create plan of action on paving execution before laying mix down.
- Work with existing foremen to define individual crew roles and strengths.
- Train crew to be top level to execute all jobs.
- Help recruit and hire new crew members.
- Fit in and help grow our positive company culture.
- Execute the types of jobs listed above.
- Executing jobs to be within 5% tonnage allowance.
- Eliminate go-backs.
- Valid drivers license (a CDL is a definite plus)
- Cell phone
- Self-motivated and punctual
- 5 years experience in the pavement sector of the construction industry (we also have entry-level positions available. Click HERE.)
This position has a wage range of $25-$35/hour depending on experience.
We offer comprehensive benefits including Profit Sharing, Healthcare, Dental, Retirement, Paid Time Off (PTO), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA) and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
The applicant must submit to a background check, drug test, E-Verify and driving record check.